I wanted to let you know that I submitted a major update for MotoMap to Apple today! Expected release in about 2 weeks! Here are some screenshots and a list of what’s new!
– Dashboard with speed, max speed, avg speed, ride duration and ride distance
– Now possible to Delete Tracks
– See a list of ALL shared Tracks in an Area
– Callout bubble with most track details in the browse tracks screen
– Ability to Log Out
– Low Battery Warning when navigating (visual/audio/vibration)
– Added “pull to refresh” on several screens
– Improved Design and Intuitiveness of the User Interface
– More frequent, Smoother and less “jumpy” map refreshing during navigation
– Clearer Route Lines for navigation
– Syncing with the server is now more efficient and more reliable
– More economic use of internet connection
– Facebook Login & Signup
– GPX Import
– Saving Rides
– Duplicate Motorcycles and Rides
What is MotoMap? An App for Scenic Route Touring and Ride Tracking with your iPhone on your Motorcycle
For those of you not yet familiar with MotoMap….MotoMap is a specialized Navigation App for Scenic Route Touring. Mainly intended for Motorcycle Riding but also for Car Drivers who like to tour the scenic backroads. It’s actually 4 apps in 1: A Route Navigator, a Ride Tracker & Logbook, a Scenic Route Database and A GPX Importer. The Navigation is specialized for Route Following; The database is full of Routes shared and rated by locals worldwide; The Ride Tracker tracks all your rides and can include pictures you take along the way; The logbook contains all your past riding adventures. For your memories and to show off to your friends.
Additional features are:
– Create a route with Google Maps and import it into MotoMap
– Specialized In-App Music Controls (speed dependent volume and safer to use controls )
– Take pictures during rides and save them in your Logbook. See where you took them during your Ride.
– List of MotoMap friends. See their Riding Adventures, Overall Statistics like total distance, maximum speed and see what Motorcycles they have.
Your MotoMap account also gives you access right here, to the MotoMappers.com member area, where you can view the route database, view your profile, view your rides, import tracks and more. All from the comfort of your desktop screen.
Why an update?
Reason for the update is 2-fold. First of all, quite some bugs surfaced over time as Apple and other 3rd party providers (e.g. Facebook) brought out new versions of iOS and their frameworks respectively. Second of all I wanted to address some things that were bothering me in the old versions, so I added some functionalities and improved the design and user intuitiveness. You’ll find that MotoMap v1.3 is a big improvement to the old version!
If you haven’t done so already, you can register as a MotoMapper on the MotoMappers.com homepage and I’ll keep you informed on when the update is available!
Cheers and best regards,