Hi guys & girls,
I need your help deciding on a price for my new app, but before I get to that here’s a small update on the new MotoMap:
It’s progressing nicely but it’s all taking a bit longer than I was expecting because it’s a lot of work to get it right. I’m hoping to have a first beta version available in about 3 months.
I’ve had many enthusiastic people asking me how to register as a beta tester. Well, once the beta is ready I will be sending out an email to all current MotoMap users and I will be posting here on the blog, explaining how you can sign up.
So, without further ado, here are some more screenshots:
Now to the part where I need your help. I’m struggling a lot with how I’m going to price this new app. First of all, it’s going to be a new app (so not an update to the new MotoMap) and I don’t want the people that bought MotoMap to pay again for the same functionalities they already have. 2nd of all, I can’t make it free for everything and always. While I’m having the time of my life doing this, I eventually need to earn enough money to support my family with this.
So, here’s my question: How much and in what way would you be willing to pay for this new app?
I’ve thought about some options and, as I like honesty and transparency, I’m laying it all out here:
- App is free for the first week or so. After that you pay a one time fee to use the app.
- App is free for the first week or so. After that you pay a fixed/small amount per month or year to use the app.
- App is free. You pay a one time fee for premium functionality like Voice Nav and Offline Maps
- App is free. You pay a fixed/small amount per month or year for premium functionality like Voice Nav and Offline Maps
- You pay for the app. (And remember, you only see screenshots and perhaps a small video of the app. You won’t have the possibility to try it first.)
What option would you prefer (or perhaps you can think of another option / combination of the above) and how much would you be willing to pay?
Looking forward to your responses.
Cheers and ride safe,
UPDATE: Due to a lot of bugs surfacing in MotoMap I decided I couldn’t leave my current users out in the cold. So I spent quite some time updating MotoMap. This delayed the work on the new App quite a bit though. New expected availability date: Fall 2015.