Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:Scenic ForumUsing ScenicSomething interesting!
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Something interesting!

I am working on a route passing by Beartooth pass and this is whats happened.

1. pict 1 show the route passing by some stops as I decided. This was looking like that until you updated the maps a few hours ago.
  2. pict 2 show that I cannot reach point 6 and give me a 200 miles? Detour. The previous road show but is nit continuous

I know that the pass is sometimes closed and I would have to do the detour but at this specific time it is open, so I was wondering how the map update because in these parts open or close can happen at any time and change from one day to the next.

if I understand the utility I found it is difficult to create a route that I will take in  6 months.

It looks like the properties of this stretch around Richel Lodge (see screenshot) prevent routing over it. It also looks different on the map (like a dotted line in stead of normal solid). Even HERE's own app (HERE WeGo) is not routing over this stretch at the moment.

I've looked at HERE mapcreator (gives more info on road properties), but there's nothing I see that would cause this. I've filed a HERE support request to find out what's going on. Sorry I can't be of any more help at this time. I'll report back when I know more.

For the moment, there's not much that can be done. There are a few workarounds: https://scenic.app/help/wont-take-a-stretch-of-road/

If you're enjoying Scenic and are happy with the support, please leave a nice rating in the App Store. It would mean a lot to me ❤️

Response from HERE. I don’t know if this construction closed message is true. Do you?

the stretch of road you reported received a  "construction closed" attribute due to real world road conditions. The closure of this road will last until 2023/2/1.  During that time a routing will not be possible. According to my knowledge this attribute is not reflected in the HERE MapCreator

If you're enjoying Scenic and are happy with the support, please leave a nice rating in the App Store. It would mean a lot to me ❤️

Actually that's what I tought but the pass was reopenned last week. There is construction going due to  catastrophique floads. DOT only stop circulation at night at the moment.

That said, I have the Zumo and InReach and I will check the same route later today to see what's happen. For your information at anytime during the year they could close the road du to snow storms, real BIG snow storms even in June.

Just checked with Zumo,InReach and  Google map. 212 (Beartooth Hyway) is open and can be used.

Yeah.. I just did some googling: Here is an official government site on this. https://www.nps.gov/yell/learn/news/220628-2.htm

This is just one road though, and indeed like you said, it can be closed at any time. Map Providers like HERE can't monitor all those local sites all the time. There's bound to be a delay in a decision to close a road, and a map update. So, I have submitted a feature request to HERE:
- A routing option to ignore road closures and construction work
- Just give a warning when a road closure / construction work is in the route

HERE is big company. It takes time for feature requests to move through the chain. So I don't expect this to be addressed soon, but I'll keep chasing it.