Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:Scenic ForumUsing ScenicMulti Day Routes
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Multi Day Routes

Hi,
I can’t seem to find out any info on planning multiple day rides with overnight stops etc. Can this be done or do I need to just set up a different ride for each day?
Love the app just trying to work it all out.
Cheers
Fly
Australia

Yeah... there is no automated way of doing this indeed.

I recommend to plan a route for each day indeed. And then create a folder and place those routes in it, so you have them organized together.

If you really would like to plan multi day trips, then have a look at the Furkot online route planner: furkot.com. Furkot is very powerful, but can be a bit overwhelming at first. If you do this more often it could be worth it though. The best part is that Scenic integrates with Furkot. If you create the trip in furkot you can directly import it into Scenic through the Import screen.

Hope this helps/explains. If not or if you have other questions please let me know. Happy to help.

Best regards and ride safe,
Guido

LindaMews has reacted to this post.
LindaMews
If you're enjoying Scenic and are happy with the support, please leave a nice rating in the App Store. It would mean a lot to me ❤️
Quote from Guido on 30.05.2022, 10:10

Yeah... there is no automated way of doing this indeed.

I recommend to plan a route for each day indeed. And then create a folder and place those routes in it, so you have them organized together.

If you really would like to plan multi day trips, then have a look at the Furkot online route planner: furkot.com. Furkot is very powerful, but can be a bit overwhelming at first. If you do this more often it could be worth it though. The best part is that Scenic integrates with Furkot. If you create the trip in furkot you can directly import it into Scenic through the Import screen.

Hope this helps/explains. If not or if you have other questions please let me know. Happy to help.

Best regards and ride safe,
Guido

I’d second this suggestion. I always use Furkot for multi day planning and then use the easy import on Scenic. Furkot will find lodging, gas, food, and many types of other desirable info for trips; even museums, scenic overlooks, parks, motorcycle routes, etc…  Furkot is not as intuitive for me as Scenic, (thank you Guido) but is well with the learning curve. With Scenic 3, I’m finding that the imports are more accurate, and have fewer misaligned waypoints than before.

Up front, I am not an intensive GPS user.  Fact is, I have traveled extensively throughout the US and Canada with paper only.  I have used FURKOT to plan my trips  and then put those plans to paper.  I found SCENIC and thought I would give it a try.  I planned a trip that spanned several days and I loaded it into SCENIC.  Second day out, the weather was fantastic and I felt like continuing to ride past the planned stop.  When I started the next day, SCENIC directed me back to the where I would have stopped.  So, here is the question I have: How can I get SCENIC to pick up where I am, put me on the planned route, and go forward (instead of backwards to the previous planned stop)?  This is actually the ONLY problem I have with SCENIC.

Quote from BikerBob on 01.12.2022, 09:52

Up front, I am not an intensive GPS user.  Fact is, I have traveled extensively throughout the US and Canada with paper only.  I have used FURKOT to plan my trips  and then put those plans to paper.  I found SCENIC and thought I would give it a try.  I planned a trip that spanned several days and I loaded it into SCENIC.  Second day out, the weather was fantastic and I felt like continuing to ride past the planned stop.  When I started the next day, SCENIC directed me back to the where I would have stopped.  So, here is the question I have: How can I get SCENIC to pick up where I am, put me on the planned route, and go forward (instead of backwards to the previous planned stop)?  This is actually the ONLY problem I have with SCENIC.

I believe you are looking for the "join route at" function. Here's a topic on that with explanation and screenshot: https://scenic.app/forum/topic/does-not-recognize-location-when-activating-a-route-in-progress-always-wants-to-send-back-to-the-starting-point/#postid-4484

For Furkot there is another way though. If you plan a multi day trip in Furkot, make sure to plan the overnight stop in it. In other words, set the duration at the stop to the appropriate amount of hours. If you do that, Scenic will recognize this, and split up the furkot trip into one route per day.

If you're enjoying Scenic and are happy with the support, please leave a nice rating in the App Store. It would mean a lot to me ❤️