Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Bug when importing tracks with custom poi

I’m preparing for a scavenger hunt ride/event next month. It’s a 2-3 day ride that includes a scavenger hunt. Because some of the checkpoints are on some off-road sections, I’ll be importing tracks. I’ve already imported all the checkpoints as a custom POI group. When I import the track, I’m enabled the custom POI layer and can see the POIs in the editor, but when I save the blue line as a track, the POIs are not saved or displayed on the map with the track.

So I decided to try to force the route over the track as much as possible, but discovered that when I click on the custom POI and tap the pre-numbered stop waypoint button, it’ll copy over the title of the POI (which is a nice feature) and put it in the waypoint. Unfortunately that makes it the last point on the route, but the first stop. So I tried using the Stop # waypoint button. I first tapped the custom POI so the name of the POI is displayed, then tapped the Stop # button. It prompted me to enter a name for the stop (although the other stop button would copy the text from the POI). I had forgotten what the POI was so I hit cancel, but then ALL of the POIs disappeared from the map. The only way to get them back was to cancel the import and start over.

A screen capture of the issue.

Thanks very much for the detailed explanation and, even more, the screen capture. Really appreciate you taking the time for this. It's completely clear now what the bug is. and I'll make sure to fix this for Scenic 3! https://scenic.app/help/scenic-3-info/

Thanks again and best regards,
Guido

If you're enjoying Scenic and are happy with the support, please leave a nice rating in the App Store. It would mean a lot to me ❤️
Quote from Guido on 24.08.2021, 09:28

Thanks very much for the detailed explanation and, even more, the screen capture. Really appreciate you taking the time for this. It's completely clear now what the bug is. and I'll make sure to fix this for Scenic 3! https://scenic.app/help/scenic-3-info/

Thanks again and best regards,
Guido

No problem. As a web/database developer, I understand the challenges of pinpointing an issue solely based on a short description. Keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to Scenic 3

CuttingIron has reacted to this post.
CuttingIron