Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Viewing routes on laptop/desktop

New to Scenic and really enjoying discovering all the great features.

I love that you can modify map colors as this should really help in bright sunlight.

Also like that you can import google maps and so far the navigation is very good.

One question, I created a number of routes on google maps and download it to my phone.  Often times, I want to modify the route after trying it out.  Is there a way I can view all my routes on the Scenic.app webpage, and then modify it using google maps?   I realize I can edit it on my phone but being able to view and edit them all on my laptop would be ideal.

Thanks, and great product!

Steve

Hi Steve,

Sorry... that's not possible at the moment. I'm planning to add a full fletched web planner to the Scenic WebApp, which would also allow to edit your routes on desktop/laptop, but until that time I'm afraid editing routes can only be done on the iPhone / iPad / Mac with Apple Silicon processors.

The Google import is just that. Once the route is imported from Google, there is no link with Google Maps anymore. Scenic doesn't remember where a route came from.

You could recreate your route in Google Maps with your changes, and then import that as a new route into Scenic, but I realize that sort of defeats the purpose of your question.

Best regards,
Guido

iSilentP has reacted to this post.
iSilentP
If you're enjoying Scenic and are happy with the support, please leave a nice rating in the App Store. It would mean a lot to me ❤️

Thank you for the quick reply.  I think that would be a great feature to help manage all one's routes.  I do this currently using basecamp and a garmin GPS which I suppose I can still do.  That is, continue to create maps in basecamp and download to scenic,  but I really don't like creating maps on basemap.

Another option would be to just save the link in a folder so I can copy and edit it.  This would limit me to one computer.  Humm, I suppose I could put the links in something like a google doc.  I will give that a try.

Thanks again

Steve

Really looking forward to this!
Quote from Guido on 21.06.2022, 14:57

I'm planning to add a full fletched web planner to the Scenic WebApp, which would also allow to edit your routes on desktop/laptop,

iSilentP

This would be really awesome.

Hi Guido.  That feature would be awesome. Any ETA on that? This riding season? or by next spring/summer?

Not this riding season.

iSilentP
If you're enjoying Scenic and are happy with the support, please leave a nice rating in the App Store. It would mean a lot to me ❤️