Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:Scenic ForumUsing ScenicStandard Routing Option
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Standard Routing Option

Hi,

why is it not possible to choose curvy or something else in the "Standard Routing", I can only choose "Ausgewogen, Kurz, Schnell" or am I doing something wrong?

Regards

Marc-Antón

It’s because curvy routings are generated by Kurviger. They add extra via points to the route to make it curvy. And then Scenic calculated with the normal Fast, Short, Balanced routing between those via points

If you're enjoying Scenic and are happy with the support, please leave a nice rating in the App Store. It would mean a lot to me ❤️

Ah o.k., thanks!

I'm new to using a routing App so forgive me if I ask a dumb question.  I don't understand the response.  After Googling, I understand the "Kurviger" is a German motorcycle routing app.  When I do this I get a response of "Curvy route generation requires at least two points".

Based on wasting 1 credit, it would appear that you...

1. Set a start point (this would be 1 point)
  2. set a end point (This would be the 2nd point)
  3. Next I chose "Round", for round trip (I suspect it would have worked on just the end point as well).  This took me to the settings where i was able to use the "Curve" option.

Both curvy routing and round trip generation work through Kurviger. Their interface looks similar in the sense that you can choose a curvy routing mode and avoidances. For round trip, in addition to routing mode and avoidances, you can also choose the rough direction of the round trip and the length (in KM or Miles) that you'd like the round trip roughly to be.

Curvy route generation requires at minimum 2 points/markers  on the map. E.g. a start (green) flag and an end (black/white checkered) flag.

Round trip generation only needs the start point/flag (it will warn you about removing all other points). It uses the start point as the beginning and end of the round trip, and then generates a round trip in the chose direction for the choses distance, with he chose routing mode and avoidances.

Does this explain?

If you're enjoying Scenic and are happy with the support, please leave a nice rating in the App Store. It would mean a lot to me ❤️

That helps me understand it better...thank you.