Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:Scenic ForumUsing ScenicSkipping Vias
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Skipping Vias

Hi Guido,

Scenic has been skipping waypoints on me and rerouting seemingly on its own accord - see two example screenshots. This happened to me a lot trying to follow a BDR last week, but I thought I’d since fixed it with a change in the Detour   settings (turning off Auto-skip vias).  I deliberately put a via to turn left on Hey 24 instead of earlier and the routing showed correctly in the power planner, but when I went to actually navigate it it seems to ignore the via point (twice!). Any advice on what I’m doing wrong?

thanks,

Current detour settings

1st time skipping Via 1

2nd time skipping Via 1Mark

I think I know what’s going on. I’ve changed the distance it takes for a via point being marked as ‘reached‘. It used to be whenever you get within 50 meters of a via point. But I changed that to 100 meters two versions back.

I’ll change it back again for the next update. Meanwhile, as a workaround, if possible, place via points further than 100 meters from junctions.

If you're enjoying Scenic and are happy with the support, please leave a nice rating in the App Store. It would mean a lot to me ❤️

Thanks, I’ll give it a whirl.
Mark

Quote from Guido on 26.09.2022, 21:02

... I’ve changed the distance it takes for a via point being marked as ‘reached‘. It used to be whenever you get within 50 meters of a via point. But I changed that to 100 meters two versions back.

It would be great to make this adjustable.

No need. (and will cause questions and misunderstanding amongst users).

I will put this back on what it was before. That worked great.

I changed so that users could get the ‘close to stop’ message earlier, but there are others way to know if a planned stop is close: https://scenic.app/forum/topic/stop-in-route-text/#postid-4189

If you're enjoying Scenic and are happy with the support, please leave a nice rating in the App Store. It would mean a lot to me ❤️