Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:Scenic ForumUsing ScenicShared route changes
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Shared route changes

When I create a route and make it public, the route my friend then downloads has slight variations from my original route which can cause problems on a joint ride. Is there something I need to do to make sure the route does not change during the sharing or something different my friend needs to do when he downloads the route?

That's strange. Are you both running the same Scenic version and all the maps updated?

You can see the Scenic version at the bottom of Settings.

And to see if a map update is available, open the side menu, tap profile picture, expand Premium & Offline Maps row, and then choose Offline Maps. If a map update is available, you will see a big red button at the top.

If you're enjoying Scenic and are happy with the support, please leave a nice rating in the App Store. It would mean a lot to me ❤️

I checked with my friend and we both have the same version 3.19 and no red buttons on the map updates.

He is out of the country for a few weeks but when he gets back I will create another few routes and we will compare. Maybe it was just a glitch.

Anything else we should check?

Yes. Forgot to mention… you should both have the offline maps for the region in question installed. Or alternatively you should both have them NOT installed. It’s possible there is a difference between the online routing engine and the offline engine.

If you're enjoying Scenic and are happy with the support, please leave a nice rating in the App Store. It would mean a lot to me ❤️