Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:Scenic ForumAll things GPSRoutes disapearing?
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Routes disapearing?

Hi, myself & a friend have both been using Scenic for 3 years now creating routes for groups of riders over 4-8 days & it works great. However, since it has upgraded to the new look, routes that have been created or copied have been deleting themselves or disappearing. For instance, I created a route & sent it to 6 riders for a weekend away. 4 of them opened & installed the route on their App the same day. The other 2 sent me a text the next day saying the link will not open. I went into scenic to resend it & it was gone out of the folder & I had to recreate it. Is anyone else experiencing this??

UPDATE,

I have sent via text & email one of the routes that disappeared off my friend Scenic App so he could add it back. When the link was opened & "add to scenic" tapped, it come up Oops, This route is already in your Route list. However there is nothing in the route list?

This has happened once before & I resent the link to fix the problem, but this time, no matter how many time I send it, or how I send it, it's say the same think.

There was a bug in previous versions of Scenic where, when one of your friends removed the route from his account, it would also remove (hide) the route from your list and making it impossible for others to add it too.

This however should have been fixed. It’s important though that everyone is on the latest version of Scenic 3.07.

You can see version number at bottom of the Settings screen. If not on the latest version you can update through the App Store: https://apps.apple.com/app/id1089668246

For the routes this already happened for, you recreating the share link will not help. What will help is duplicating the route and sharing the duplicate.

If you're enjoying Scenic and are happy with the support, please leave a nice rating in the App Store. It would mean a lot to me ❤️

Thanks Guido, makes sense. I will check we are both on the new version. Just for reference, a route that was created in 2021, on the old version was copied to do a couple of changes for the ride in 2022. After doing the changes and saving to copy to another folder, both the original & copy disappeared. This was created, copied, edited & saved on the same device. It could depend on what version the route was created in? I will copy the route on my device & send it again to my friends device after I make sure we are both running the latest version 👍

Quote from gleeson2351 on 01.03.2022, 12:56

Thanks Guido, makes sense. I will check we are both on the new version. Just for reference, a route that was created in 2021, on the old version was copied to do a couple of changes for the ride in 2022. After doing the changes and saving to copy to another folder, both the original & copy disappeared. This was created, copied, edited & saved on the same device. It could depend on what version the route was created in? I will copy the route on my device & send it again to my friends device after I make sure we are both running the latest version 👍

That's a bit weird and shouldn't happen of course. I suspect it is related to the bug though. My theory is that the original route was already 'removed' in the server database (but not on your device), maybe also causing the copy to be marked as 'removed'. Not 100% sure though. Before I start digging into this I think it's best to see if this happens again after you are all on 3.07.

If you're enjoying Scenic and are happy with the support, please leave a nice rating in the App Store. It would mean a lot to me ❤️