Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Route is diferrent from device to device

A premium subcriber shared a route with me over the weekend and when I loaded into my device some turn were different and the time and distance was also different. I try editing the route but since he was the owner of the route I couldn't edit the route. A third person also had the route share with him and it was also different in some instances.

He ended up leading the whole 632 mile ride back from Ocean City MD

please advise

thanks

How did the creator share the route with you? Through GPX? Or did he use the share link?
I recommend to use the share link.. When you open that link, you can add the route to your own Scenic account, through the 'add to scenic' button.

Other differences can occur if you are running different map versions and/or not having the offline maps installed. Make sure you run the latest map update (the profile picture in the side menu will have a little red dot/badge if there's an update available) and that you have the offline maps for the region.

If you're enjoying Scenic and are happy with the support, please leave a nice rating in the App Store. It would mean a lot to me ❤️

The route was shared using a link and loaded by adding it to Scenic once I opened the turns were different, something abut the way it load when added to scenic

Any ideas about it

Thanks

Other differences can occur if you are running different map versions and/or not having the offline maps installed.

Make sure you run the latest map update (the profile picture in the side menu will have a little red dot/badge if there's an update available) and that you have the offline maps for the region.

If you're enjoying Scenic and are happy with the support, please leave a nice rating in the App Store. It would mean a lot to me ❤️

It looks like we both are running the same versions, scenic version 13.5

not sure if that is the same as map version, if not where do we check the maps version

If a new map version is available you will get a popu every time you start scenic. If both of you are not getting that, it means you are both running the same map version.

do you also both have the offline maps installed for the applicable regions?

We both have the same maps and they're up to date as far as we can tell.

OK. In that case, this would be very weird. If you both have the offline maps installed, and the route is different for your friend than for you, the routes should be exactly the same. I would need to see details as to where they differ to analyze this further. Is it possible for you and your friend (if you are together), select the same route from the route list, then choose the 'edit points' button, (the route will open in the power planner) and compare the routes with each other in the power planner? If you find any differences, make screenshots and send them to me. Also, I would need the links to both of your routes. To create the link, again choose the route from your route list, and then use the 'share' button.

Sorry for the inconvenience. It's just that I'm not sure about the cause if both you and your friend have the same map version and offline maps installed.

Thenext time we are together I will follow all the above steps and add to this thread to follow up

Thanks for your attention

Other than that little glitch we find the app excelent and user friendly