Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:Scenic ForumUsing ScenicRandom green line
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Random green line

I keep getting these random green route lines appearing on my map. They will flash across the screen and do weird things. What is it?

Secondly, there seems to be more route voice instructions than the previous iteration of Scenic, even when I am on the main route/ road with no proper runs. It appears to give instructions to make a turn when there is a sharp bend etc.

Hi John,

The green line is a bug. It’s supposed to be the trail of where you’ve been, but it’s drawn at a higher elevation, so you get a distorted view in 3D mode. An update is currently being tested which fixes this. I’m hoping to release the update on the next few days

Until that time you can turn off the trail if you like. Settings > Navigation & Tracking > Show Trail.

The ‘more’ instructions is a strange one. The new mapping framework should actually give less instructions in these cases. It happens when, at a junction, the map doesn’t know the road priorities, assumes that you are arriving at an equal junction, while in reality you are on the ‘normal flow’ road. I’m afraid this is out of my control though as it’s a map data thing. You could report this map error if you like. In Settings at the bottom there is a way to directly report map errors to the map provider.

If you're enjoying Scenic and are happy with the support, please leave a nice rating in the App Store. It would mean a lot to me ❤️

Thanks for the feedback Guido. Turn left/right every 30 seconds during Dark Side of the Moon is more of an annoyance than anything else.

Which road is this?

If you're enjoying Scenic and are happy with the support, please leave a nice rating in the App Store. It would mean a lot to me ❤️

It’s a Pink Floyd album 😂😂😂

I know that, 🙂. But I'd like to simulate this situation here, to see why you are getting this many instruction on this road.

https://scenicapp.space/viewRoute.php?rid=pVImtGMb

Mostly between points 4-6

Just did a simulation (I changed via point 2 to the start and via point 4 to the destination). I only get 1 direction. When I arrive at via point 1 (in your case via point 3), 83km further:

I'm not sure what happened in your case. Perhaps the route keeps recalculating because of inaccuracies in the GPS signal? (I imagine this route goes through the mountains)? In the mountains GPS signals can be inaccurate indeed.

The current version gives you a voice message when upon a recalculation. In the upcoming update this will be removed. You'll only here a recalculation sound (which you optionally can turn off as well in settings > sound & haptics ). I think / suspect that will resolve this so you can listen to Pink Floyd mostly uninterrupted. 🙂

Hahah ok and yes I hear a lot of re-calculations also. On top of that I’ve also noticed the route and current location/ history trail off a wee bit so yes your probably correct with GPS inaccuracies.

Great app by the way, love it. Works great together with my Garmin Zumo XT. Just subscribed to lifetime. Keep up the great work Guido.

Ps can’t wait to be able to edit the “look” of the map as it is a bit too light and difficult to see details, I believe from another thread this is in the pipeline/ coming soon.