Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Navigation announcements volume

Hi,

So I'm having a funny problem that occurs when navigating regarding the volume of the announcements. It behaves the same way if I use a bluetooth headset (tried with AirPods Pro and Sena SRL) or without.

I can only set the volume of the announcements when the announcements are actually playing. Like, if no announcements are playing I can set the volume of the iPhone just fine, but it doesn't affect the volume of the announcements, only the phone. Just like it was different volume levels for 2 different sources. BUT, if I at the same time play music via spotify then setting the volume will affect both the music and the announcement volumes (like expected).

I'm having an iPhone 13 with iOS 15.5. Scenic app version is 3.10

Any ideas?

Thanks for a great app!

Assuming you are changing volume with hardware buttons/controls, this is actually standard iOS behaviour.

Your iPhone has two separate volumes. The system (or ringer) volume and the music volume. The system volume is the volume of sound effects (e.g. phone ringing, messages, notifications). The music volume is the volume of media (e.g. music, podcasts, videos, and also voice prompts from navigation apps).

When no music is playing, hardware buttons/controls control the system volume. If music is playing then these buttons control the music volume.

There are two ways around this:

1. You can change the behaviour of the hardware volume buttons. To do this go to iOS Settings App > Sound & Haptics and under the 'Ringer and Alerts' section turn OFF 'Change with Buttons' (it's ON by default). Watch out... this applies system wide, meaning you won't be able to control the ringer volume with the volume buttons anymore.
  2. Use the volume buttons in the app. Scenic plays a test sound when you use the buttons, so these buttons control the music volume (= voice volume)

Hope this helps/explains. If not or if you have other questions please let me know. Happy to help.

Best regards and ride safe,
Guido

If you're enjoying Scenic and are happy with the support, please leave a nice rating in the App Store. It would mean a lot to me ❤️

Thank you for the explanation and help!

However, it seems like VOL DOWN / VOL UP buttons in the app doesn't work for me. They only seem to change the system volume. Is it just my phone? 😀

Ah.

This is likely a bug that was introduced in version 3.09 and 3.10. Will be fixed in upcoming update. Sorry about that. Meanwhile option 1 should work for you.

If you're enjoying Scenic and are happy with the support, please leave a nice rating in the App Store. It would mean a lot to me ❤️

Thank you very much for your support! Have a great day/evening!