Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Missing map and route changes on edit

Today I have started the app with an idea to change one of my routes. After I have opened the route and clicked the edit button there was a message that I need to download the map for offline usage otherwise only main routes can be used. I already had the map downloaded before but when I checked the map wasn't there any more, so I downloaded it again. Now when I open the route it looks correct on the preview but after I click the "Edit" button it changes.

Is there a problem with the app at the moment? Any idea why the map was missing and why on edit the route changes?

Recent changes on the phone: Today there was a notice to update my iPhone to the lates iOS and I did it. Not sure if this will play a role here.

P.S. I wanted to upload screenshots but on upload I received message `IMG_5282.PNG Specified file failed upload test.` for both screenshots.

There was a map version update a few weeks ago. Possibly there is a problem with your meta files now. Meta files are files that help interpret the map data. To resolve this you have to follow the steps below.

1. Remove Scenic completely from your device
  2. Redownload it from the app store
  3. When you open Scenic for the fist time, make sure you have a good internet connection (as that's when the newest version of the Meta Files are downloaded)
  4. Once started, go to the Me tab and login with your Scenic account
  5. Then... download the map regions you need once more

Sorry to make you go through this, but I believe this will resolve your issue. If not, please let me know.

Cheers,
Guido

If you're enjoying Scenic and are happy with the support, please leave a nice rating in the App Store. It would mean a lot to me ❤️

Thank you Guido. It worked. Do you have more precise release date for v3 ?

Soon 😉

If you're enjoying Scenic and are happy with the support, please leave a nice rating in the App Store. It would mean a lot to me ❤️