Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Map continues to stay in ‘not downloaded’

I am downloading again but this is my around 10th time I’m doing this. It will download and still stay in ‘not downloaded’

Try to stop the download, and then restart it. While downloading, keep scenic in foreground and awake (the the download is faster), and make sure you have good WiFi.

here is another thread on this with more info: https://scenic.app/forum/topic/offline-maps-will-not-finish-downloading-ipad/

If you're enjoying Scenic and are happy with the support, please leave a nice rating in the App Store. It would mean a lot to me ❤️

Thanks for your prompt reply. I have done all you mentioned in this thread and the other thread you mentioned. But it’s still the same. I have logged out and logged back in, removed download and re downloaded, deleted the app and installed again, closed the app and restarted, but the same result everytime.

Tried all these below but not necessarily in same order:

1. Logged out. Logged in.
2. uninstalled and reinstalled

3. Stopped downloading and restarted

Any suggestion are most welcomed. I’m using iPhone 8 Plus running on iOS 15.6.

I will be looking in detail into this tomorrow. The India map might be too big. I think it's stuck in the unzipping step (that's when the circle is at 100%). Usually unzipping is very fast, but with 3GB maybe device resources are insufficient. I might need to split up the India map into regions, but that would require an app update.

Meanwhile, the best (and only) thing to do is use Scenic with the online maps.

Will report here tomorrow after I've looked into this in detail.

Sorry.

If you're enjoying Scenic and are happy with the support, please leave a nice rating in the App Store. It would mean a lot to me ❤️

I had an old iPhone 8 Plus lying around and just tried to download India. It downloaded without issue. I'm not sure why it is not working on your side. How long does the download take? For me it takes less than 5 minutes.

Have you tried keeping the iPhone 'awake' and Scenic in foreground during the download?
How is your storage space (Scenic should warn if the map won't fit, but just to check anyway). Check in iOS Settings App > General > iPhone Storage.