Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Feature request "find nearest fuel station"

Hi Guido,

As ever thanks for the great app, one feature I would like to suggest (ideally for the "4 square" menu) is an option to navigate to either the closest fuel station, or the closest in the general direction of the programmed route.

I know I can do this if I pull over & edit a programmed route, but it would be great to be able to do it in a couple of button presses, rather than needing to run the search function & add a waypoint or stop, before resuming (this kind of search usually results in removing a glove etc).

Thanks Again, Keith

theigi, iSilentP and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
theigiiSilentPYoronin-on-vulcanmbirth

Hi Keith,

Good suggestion. I have added this to the list.

Best,

Guido

theigi, iSilentP and Mark have reacted to this post.
theigiiSilentPMark
If you're enjoying Scenic and are happy with the support, please leave a nice rating in the App Store. It would mean a lot to me ❤️

it would be awesome to add/implement this as eg a voice command/shortcut

on tours in unknown terrain/land that would be really awesome.

ok you can also stop and/or search with touch gloves, but that would be a great simplification

maybe it would be something for the future to use the app contactless by voice command.

Bradiac has reacted to this post.
Bradiac

on my wishlist also.

iSilentP has reacted to this post.
iSilentP

You could do something similar with Shortcuts already.

Just create a Shortcut called "Find Petrol Station":

This allows you to summon Siri and tell him/her to "Find Petrol Station". It will then ask which one and after selecting one, will open Apple Maps Directions to there. Scenic will continue to run in the background.

You can even add it to the navigation menu in Scenic:

Here's an updated version of the Shortcut using an Universal Link to start routing to the selected petrol station in Scenic:

(To get "Latitude" and "Longitude", insert the "Chosen Item" variable, then change the type from "Place" to "Location" and select the specific detail you want to use.)

iSilentP has reacted to this post.
iSilentP

This is awesome! Thanks for this!

Only thing left for me to improve this, is to build something like this directly in Scenic 🙂

mbirth has reacted to this post.
mbirth
If you're enjoying Scenic and are happy with the support, please leave a nice rating in the App Store. It would mean a lot to me ❤️
Quote from mbirth on 28.11.2022, 09:30

Here's an updated version of the Shortcut using an Universal Link to start routing to the selected petrol station in Scenic:

(To get "Latitude" and "Longitude", insert the "Chosen Item" variable, then change the type from "Place" to "Location" and select the specific detail you want to use.)

Fantastic. Thanks do much for sharing. I created the shortcut on my Mac. Ran it and understandably complained that I needed iOS device. Then I went to my iPhone and ran it and saw a different result--see image captures below in sequence. Appears that when URL is intercepted by Chrome app and Scenic does not open as I assumed it would. Maybe I misunderstood the behavior of the action??

It probably only works correctly if you use Safari as your default browser.

Quote from mbirth on 29.11.2022, 15:32

It probably only works correctly if you use Safari as your default browser.

I changed my default browser to Safari and it worked. One more question. Does this work for you in you've already started (are in a middle of) a route? Not for me--only works if I am not in a route already, which is still great. Just wondering.... THANKS man!

mbirth has reacted to this post.
mbirth
Quote from iSilentP on 29.11.2022, 16:26
Does this work for you in you've already started (are in a middle of) a route? Not for me--only works if I am not in a route already, which is still great. Just wondering....

Yeah, it's the same for me. That's something @guidomm will have to figure out. Maybe he can add a Shortcut action "Add as next waypoint to current route" or something like that.

Guido has reacted to this post.
Guido
Quote from mbirth on 29.11.2022, 16:36
Quote from iSilentP on 29.11.2022, 16:26
Does this work for you in you've already started (are in a middle of) a route? Not for me--only works if I am not in a route already, which is still great. Just wondering....

Yeah, it's the same for me. That's something @guidomm will have to figure out. Maybe he can add a Shortcut action "Add as next waypoint to current route" or something like that.

Great. Thanks again so much for your share and replies. This is definitely a "keeper" for me. Ride safe!

Guido and mbirth have reacted to this post.
Guidombirth