Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:Scenic ForumUsing ScenicCustom Map Styles
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Custom Map Styles

If anyone has created a custom map style that works for them, would you care to share with a screen shot. Looking at improving readability. I cannot decide what looks best at the moment so looking for suggestions. Thanks.

I mostly take the Michelin maps as an example for my customisations, I tried this in Scenic too and this is what it looks now.

First is when zoomed in and right one is when zoomed out.

Franz Lang has reacted to this post.
Franz Lang

Thanks massi. Looks good.

Here are my efforts based partly on road sign colours in the UK. Motorways blue and main trunk roads green.

Here are my settings.

Or maybe.

Can someone point me to where I can learn how to customise maps in Scenic

Tap this button:

Then tap-and-hold on one of the custom styles. It’s pretty straight forward after that.

DervMan and Arwon have reacted to this post.
DervManArwon
If you're enjoying Scenic and are happy with the support, please leave a nice rating in the App Store. It would mean a lot to me ❤️

Thank you, I didnt see that.  Greatly appreciated

Here is a screen capture in navigation mode.

This uses a user defined dark mode style. Within that style I increase road width by 50%. This was obviously captured when stationary and at maximum automatic zoom. Dark mode when navigating works well even with the sun behind you. I think it's very easy to read. I use light mode the rest of the time.

Guido I am loving the fact that you have enabled this ability to customise the app. It just gets better.

Guido and Kam have reacted to this post.
GuidoKam
Spoiler
Hello, based on the night map i have made a few changes. So that there is a high contrast to ensure good readability even in sunshine.
In my opinion, the routes up to and including yellow streets are normaly good to drive, but from light green onwards it is often the case, that these are 30km/h streets (or similar). 
Unfortunately, in the planning mode, you can no longer see which road quality is being used (the route covers the road). Is there a solution for this that I don't know yet or could this be integrated?

Unfortunately, in the planning mode, you can no longer see which road quality is being used (the route covers the road). Is there a solution for this that I don't know yet or could this be integrated?

You could increase road width even more. At a certain point the road will be wider than the route line (except for unpaved roads, these are not affected by the road width setting)

If you're enjoying Scenic and are happy with the support, please leave a nice rating in the App Store. It would mean a lot to me ❤️

Hi Massi,

can you give me the configuration of the michelin map style?! I like that!
Tanks in advance!

Franz

Hi Franz,

Made two screen shots, hope it helps.

Franz Lang has reacted to this post.
Franz Lang

I've been tweaking my map styles for a while and here are the settings I'm currently using. I used the default light and dark styles as a start and made tweaks to improve legibility and visibility. While I'm rather satisfied with the light settings, I think I'd like to see further tweaks to my dark settings.

Daytime:

Nighttime:

Here are the exact settings:

Font size: + 25%
Road width: +25%
Country/State border width: +10%

Item | Light | Dark
Category 0 | EF8683 | D34451
Category 0 ZO | F19E9C | BB2726
Category 1 | EF8683 | 763835
Category 1 ZO | EF8683 | 75231F
Category 2 | F7CE55 | 8D3A16
Category 2 ZO | F7CE46 | 5E200A
Category 3 | FFFFBB | 7B671E
Category 3 ZO | FFFFA6 | 4C4D13
Category 4 | E6E6E6 | 7B671E
Category 4 ZO | CCCCCC | 4C4D13
Unpaved | 666666 | 292827
Unpaved ZO | 666666 | 292827
Built up areas | FFFFFF | 000000
Land | F6F8FA | 020608
Water | A4CDFB | 162134

Was in the mood for some purple, so I threw together an easy on the easy style for night riding:

Here's the purple style:
Category 0 | 624EAD
Category 0 ZO | 6666AD
Category 1 | 4D4C94
Category 1 ZO | 807FC7
Category 2 | 33337B
Category 2 ZO | 333363
Category 3 | 301B62
Category 3 ZO | 1A194A
Category 4 | 1A194A
Category 4 ZO | 160131
Unpaved | 292827
Unpaved ZO | 292827
Built up areas | 0C0C0C
Land | 0C0C0C
Water | 162134

@Guido

how about the possibility
share custom map styles and/or create a download area for it on the website/forum
e.g. community styles section

CMagnuson has reacted to this post.
CMagnuson

I understand the question, but there are many more higher priority items on the list. Also because at the moment it is relatively easy to recreate a style by sharing like we are doing here.