Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Creating a track from a route (that has no been ridden yet)

Guido,

LOVE THIS APP!

I lead riding groups and like to create auto routes in scenic with "extra curvy".  How can I save/export that route scenic gives me before I ride it?  I want to export a gpx file to my riders because they also like to see the route we are taking on their gps devices.

Is there a way to "simulate" the ride so I can then save it and export it?

Thanks

When you select the route from your route list, and then use the ‘export GPX’ button, a GPX is created which contains two routes (2 versions of the route, for different systems) and a track of the route.

Alternatively (maybe better)  you can use the ‘share’ button and send the share link to your friends. When they click that link a web page opens where they’ll see the route on a map and on that webpage there’s also a ‘download GPX’ button, which generates the same GPX file (incl the track).

If you're enjoying Scenic and are happy with the support, please leave a nice rating in the App Store. It would mean a lot to me ❤️

Thanks,  I see it's much easier than I thought.

"contains two routes (2 versions of the route, for different systems)"

is there a way to separate the 2 versions?  Do I need to separate it for people with Garmin's?

Garmins should be able to handle the GPX as is.

If you're enjoying Scenic and are happy with the support, please leave a nice rating in the App Store. It would mean a lot to me ❤️