Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Adding pre-recorded route to active ride

Hi Guido,

First of all thank you for this great application - it has added a whole dimension to riding and makes navigating a breeze and lots of fun.

Yesterday I went on a ride I had done before (and had created a Route from the Recorded Ride), so I started the recording by simply hitting [Record Ride], than at my first stop I wanted to add the Route to navigate me to my second stop. I thought I had done it this way previously, but must have been mistaken. Is this a feature that can be added?

In the end I finished the recording and started a new one, this time with the route. Then after I reached my second stop - the end of the route - I assumed that the recording would continue, but for some reason nothing was added to the recording beyond the end-point of the route. Even manual resume didn't help where normally the auto resume works flawless. Again, to solve and record the rest of the ride, I finished the second recording and started a third to record the last leg of the ride.

Not sure what happened, I did discover that "Allow Location Access" was set to While Using the App and changed this to Always, but this hasn't been an issue before.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Johan.

Hi Johan,

This is possible now, but it's a bit hidden.

This you already know I guess: for simple changes to the navigation (adding / removing a stop) you can simply double tap the map and you'll go to edit mode.

If you want to change/load an entire route there's another way. For that, you need to pause the tracking session, go back to the main/map screen, load the route there, and then resume the tracking session. To do this:

- while navigating/tracking, tap the bottom bar (where you see the ETA)
- then tap the pause button and choose "TO START SCREEN". This will bring you back to the start/map screen, but the tracking status is stored and the 'start navigation' button now says 'resume' and is pulsating
- Now you can change the route and tap 'resume'. Your tracking session will continue, but now with the newly selected route.

The idea behind the 'TO START SCREEN' feature was to have access to the rest of the app without ending the ride tracking. (E.g. during lunch you want to show your riding buddy the ride you did last week). It wasn't meant to change the navigation destination/route, but it certainly can be used for that.

Hope this helps/explains. If not or if you have other questions please let me know. Happy to help.

Best regards and ride safe,
Guido

If you're enjoying Scenic and are happy with the support, please leave a nice rating in the App Store. It would mean a lot to me ❤️

Thanks Guido,

I had a quick look and it looks straight forward. Will give it a try on my next ride.

Groetjes,

Johan.

Hello Guido,

I just tried this feature and indeed its working.

In my case there is still the button indicating "Start Navigation" and no blinking or "resume".

Also the route that was already done was not indicated on the map.

That made it look if the feature is not working.

At the end of the ride the registered route was completely like the one driven from start.

Greets

Ok. Thanks for letting me know @wesco1966 I’ll look into it.

If you're enjoying Scenic and are happy with the support, please leave a nice rating in the App Store. It would mean a lot to me ❤️

Nice tip.
I also tried this procedure this afternoon. I recorded the first part of my ride. During a stop I paused the recording and choose "TO START SCREEN". Then I entered HOME as the destination. However, the options like curvy or avoid highway didn't work. Only the fastest route home was calculated.
Is this correct or is this a bug?

Sounds like a bug. It should be possible. Will have a look at it this week. Thanks for letting me know.

Extra info: I just tried at home. It works properly with different settings. The bug occurred after 34min of recording. The recalculation didn’t check the options.