Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Add locations while navigating a route

Dear Guido,

while I’m riding a route, I happens that I discover a nice location (worthwhile to revisit or to advise to friends).

I therefore would like to save this place as a location. Could it be possible to assign the ‘add location’ from Scenic as a button on the navigation window (instead of shortcut for example).

I would prepare a folder on forehand so I could save all locations in the prepared folder.

Or if I could create a new folder or select an existing locations folder, it would even be better.

many thanks, and all my compliments for the superb work

Binwaa

Hi Binwaa,

You are not the first asking this. It is on the list to add in the future.

You can do this already actually without your ride being interrupted, but it takes quite some taps (you need to stop) and a bit of a workaround.  You tap the ETA bar, then pause button, and then choose ‘to main screen’. Then you can access the entire app (also to save a location) and resume the ride again when finished.

Birger_s and Binwaa have reacted to this post.
Birger_sBinwaa
If you're enjoying Scenic and are happy with the support, please leave a nice rating in the App Store. It would mean a lot to me ❤️

Super, workaround does the job.

But I presume version 3.x will have a direct method.

On April 27th I start a 7500 km tour in Southern Thailand. Steered by Scenic naturally. You can follow me on the Facebook group ‘Thailand 2022 Clockwise’. everybody can join the group. Also within the group, we are talking about Scenic to further propagate the app.

Shows iOS Shortcuts MenueAs a workaround I use iOS- Shortcuts.
You can direct access 2 Shortcuts from Scenic direct. Get the current position and send this to youre calender, mail or as a entry to a file.

Or use a Siri voice command to get the POI and store in a file Shortcuts POI https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/8e98b7255c14413a906dd238f51bbdc1

Guido has reacted to this post.
Guido
Quote from Birger_s on 03.07.2022, 00:45

Shows iOS Shortcuts Menue

Könntest du bitte den Kurzbefehl auf deinem Screenshot teilen, der Aufbau ist nicht schlecht, evtl kann man ja noch dran „schrauben“ dafür müsste man aber wissen wie der aufgebaut ist.

The Basic Shortcut

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/c463c79f820c428ba55b44fc163b4bcb

Some of the Emoji shows a status, e  g

🔋 = battery loading 🪫 = battery not connected to a power source

🎧 = Headphone via Bluetooth 🔊 = iPhone Speaker

If you hit the POI Section, a calendar  and a file entry was created

The weather and sunset/sunrise section returns to the homescreen

Some Infos need the Power Tools extension for shortcuts.

Have fun!

theigi has reacted to this post.
theigi
Quote from Birger_s on 04.07.2022, 17:14

The Basic Shortcut

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/c463c79f820c428ba55b44fc163b4bcb

Some of the Emoji shows a status, e  g

🔋 = battery loading 🪫 = battery not connected to a power source

🎧 = Headphone via Bluetooth 🔊 = iPhone Speaker

If you hit the POI Section, a calendar  and a file entry was created

The weather and sunset/sunrise section returns to the homescreen

Some Infos need the Power Tools extension for shortcuts.

Have fun!

Vielen Dank

es fehlt aber zu deinem Kurzbefehl der integrierte Kurzbefehl Blitzer, denn ohne den speichert es keine poi

es ist auch noch eine weitere App nötig, die ich aber schon besitze (toolbox for shortcuts) Achtung evtl inapp nötig

falls noch weitere sich daran testen wollen.

Standort bzw Home Adresse anpassen

“Focus“ erstellen und neu auswählen

evtl andere Musik Quellen anpassen/ersetzen

mal schauen was man dran noch schrauben könnte, ist auf alle Fälle schon mal sehr interessant sich mit den „kurzbefehlen“ auseinanderzusetzen

Der MenüEintrag „Blitzer“ ist Privat.
Den POI speichert er, wenn Du auf den Menüeintrag  🙋🏻‍♂️ POI mit der Adresse tippst. Dann erstellt er einen Kalendereintrag und ergänzt eine Datei.

Das der Rest individuell Angepasst werden kann/muss ist klar.

Hmm, funktioniert nicht der poi Eintrag in den Kalender bei mir egal ob iPad oder phone

da scheint der Fehler/Haken zu sitzen, denn die Option poi möchte den Kurzbefehl „Blitzer“ ausführen

muss mich da mal reinfuchsen

danke

Die Fehlermeldung darauf ist Kurzbefehl nicht gefunden, stelle sicher, das ein gültiger Kurzbefehl in der Aktion /Kurzbefehl ausführen“ gewählt ist.

Kalendereinträge gehen, man muss „poi“ neu auswählen in den Einstellungen des kb und Kalender neu anklicken.

nur dein shortcut Blitzer fehlt

Musik und Anrufe hab ich rausgenommen und nur durch alle Musik in zufälliger Reihenfolge ersetzt