The data Users supply to the Administrator when they register, as well as all data supplied through the Site and the App, are stored in a database held in the name of and owned by the Administrator, who is responsible for the said database.
The Administrator collects and processes Users’ data in order to identify them as users of the Site and the App, and to allow them access to all services offered by the Site and the Apps.
Use of the Site and the App means that you expressly consent to having your personal data processed by the Administrator for the purpose of allowing the provision in full of the services that are the subject of the Scenic activity, and processing any requests you may wish to make, such as for example: complying with your request to include your personal data in our databases, enroll you as a registered user on our website, manage you as a client, or answer your request for information.
Use of the Site and the App means that you consent to the administrator sharing your de-identified activity data with 3rd party marketing and analytics companies for the purpose of continuous app improvement and measuring ad attribution. In the iOS App, Users are explicitly asked for consent with regard to sharing activity data across companies. If consent is not given, no activity data will be shared with 3rd party marketing and analytics companies.
Users, as the owners of their data, may exercise their rights to access, amend, correct, delete, and challenge the said data. To do this, you should contact the Administrator.
Users warrant that the personal data they supply when they register in order to access the App are accurate, truthful, and up to date, and they undertake to update them as necessary so that they always reflect their current situation.
Users may object to receiving communications for commercial and/or promotional purposes at any time by contacting the Administrator.
Persons aged under 14 are not allowed to register and their information may not be used. If you are aged under 14, please do not try to register on the Site or the Apps, and do not supply us with any personal information. Any information that is found to belong to a person aged under 14 shall be deleted as quickly as possible. If you believe we may have information in our possession belonging to a person aged under 14, we would be grateful if you would inform us by contacting the Administrator.
If you wish to close your account and delete your profile for good, you can so through the App, or contacting the Administrator.
Users should bear in mind that if they close their account for good, they will lose all their profile information, along with everything associated with this (loss of contacts, photographs, etc.).
Hyperlinks featured on the application may redirect you to external websites. The administrator accepts no responsibility for the content of the said websites, or the information or services that may be offered on the said websites, which are offered for exclusively informative purposes, and under no circumstances shall this entail any relationship between Scenic and the owners of the said external websites or the owners of the sites where they are hosted.
Location based information
The Service collects your location to create a detailed location history of all of the journeys you have made while using the Service. The Service will use this information for the following purposes only:
- to operate the Services and to improve and customize your experience with the Services;
- to improve the experience of other users. The Service may use your route information to improve the accuracy of its mapping and navigation data;
to provide you with support and handle requests and complaints;
- to send you updates, notices, announcements, and additional information related to the Services;
- to create aggregated and/or anonymous data (where such data does not enable the identification of a specific user);
- to conduct surveys and questionnaires;
- to share your submissions with other users of the Services and to facilitate communication between you, the Service and other users;
- to contact you when Scenic believes it to be necessary;
- to comply with any applicable law and assist law enforcement agencies under any applicable law, when Scenic has a good faith belief that Scenic’ cooperation with the law enforcement agencies is legally mandated or meets the applicable legal standards and procedures;
- to prevent fraud, misappropriation, infringements, identity theft and other illegal activities and misuse of the Services;
- to handle breakdowns and malfunctions;
- to take any action in any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind between you and the Service, or between you and other users or third parties with respect to, or in relation with the Service;
Changes to the data protection policy
However, at the discretion of Scenic, and without prejudice to the foregoing, additional notice of the changes and/or amendments may also be given by e-mail.