Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:Scenic ForumUsing ScenicApple CarPlay
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Apple CarPlay

PreviousPage 2 of 2

There are many folks in our Miata club waiting for the CarPlay version to be released, who will then purchase.

Al1 has reacted to this post.
Al1

Looking forward to getting Scenic on CarPlay. Wondering what its going to look like on the bike.

Hello Guido and all,

Any news on this "famous" topic of CarPlay?

Congrats for the great Scenic 3 by the way!

Best - Alain

I will give you another push for CarPlay support. I downloaded your app today. I loaded up the app and took off in my Truck using my iPhone 13 Pro Max. I wanted to test the app before sending back my newly purchased Garmin Zumo XT and went for a Quadlock and your app. Well my truck being wirelsss CarPlay had several issues that made me want to uninstall your app the audio would studder or not complete at all directions had latencies. After 5 uses and blowing through the Credits to test the app it hit me. Maybe it can't handle being connected to CarPlay (though the app didn't show up on the CarPlay screen). So I turned off my wifi and BOOM the app mostly preformed well. So the lesson is just because I was connected to a radio that supported CarPlay it made the Scenic experience bad.

I get you are working out the bugs and testing. I get it I am a fellow developer but this might be something you should note in the US most newer cars have Apple CarPlay. I may be a saved purchase because I discovered the work around.

So now my issue do I trust you will have a version that I can use on my Bike and 2 other vehicles (CarPlay Head Units) and buy the forever version (my preference). Then order a QuadLock and return my Zumo XT? This is a rhetorical question that I have to decide. Your app shows some real promise I wish all the pieces were there. A working app for my Truck would have made it for easy testing and choice. I want to use the same app for all my mapping. I wish you the best and ignore the hater you have here people just don't understand the effort development and support are. Its not like you are laughing all the way to the bank. Your professionalism in your response to the poster makes me want to support you and the app. Good Luck. Jeff

BTW: The audio/speech for the US English is pretty rough. I know audio packs cost you money IMHO that is another thing it could use.

Jeff the simple answer is subscribe for a year and buy credits just enough for the maps you need. Send back Garmin. Then when CarPlay is ready you can test it and see if it works for you. If it does go for lifetime subscription then. I'm using the app on two bikes. Scenic 3 with Here Maps is so much better than the previous versions. The app is constantly evolving. The ability to customise the look of the UI is a very big deal for me as I only use visual navigation and need to make it nice and clear. Works very well for me. QuadLock is good too. Make sure you use the anti-vibration mount to protect your iPhone. I too have CarPlay in my wife's car and look forward to trying it out when it arrives.

Guido and Earthdog have reacted to this post.
GuidoEarthdog

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your post and kind words. Here some reactions.

Cheers,
Guido

Maybe it can't handle being connected to CarPlay (though the app didn't show up on the CarPlay screen)

The current App Store version indeed doesn't support CarPlay, so it's normal it doesn't show up as an app on the CarPlay display. I can confirm the audio problems when connected to a wireless CarPlay system with the current App Store version. I'm experiencing this too on the stand alone CarPlay test unit I'm using (also wireless CarPlay). It's not a Scenic specific problem though. I've tried with other not-carplay-capable navigation apps, and they show similar problems. Surprisingly, this was the first feedback I received about this. I'll leave this for now as this will automatically resolve itself once CarPlay for Scenic is ready.

So now my issue do I trust you will have a version that I can use on my Bike and 2 other vehicles (CarPlay Head Units) and buy the forever version (my preference). Then order a QuadLock and return my Zumo XT? This is a rhetorical question that I have to decide.

I understand, and indeed I can not answer that for you 😊. You could go for @petert suggestion, or, maybe I can do something. I've sent you an email.

The audio/speech for the US English is pretty rough.

I can't change that unfortunately. The speech packages are part of the HERE framework. There are two kinds of voices though. The pre-recorded audio files (do not speak street names, and are often more natural) and the synthetic/computer text-t0-speech voices (do speak street names, but can indeed sound a bit unnatural at times)

Earthdog has reacted to this post.
Earthdog
If you're enjoying Scenic and are happy with the support, please leave a nice rating in the App Store. It would mean a lot to me ❤️

I’ve used the app, and would get the lifetime sub today, if I had a hard date for CarPlay compatibility. Ver 3 has been out for some time. I ride with my phone connected by USB to my head unit, and stored in a compartment, so using it remote, like a handlebar clamp won’t work.

honest question, when’s it going to be active?

wait a little bit, carplay is currently in the beta test phase and is already working to a large extent
give the programmer some time, as soon as everything goes smoothly in the beta it will be released for everyone

it won't be much longer

I am a member of PCA and know that many of us have Porsche’s with CarPlay and would love to be able to navigate with Scenic.  Not a small group.

Soon. CarPlay is in final stages of beta test.

If you're enjoying Scenic and are happy with the support, please leave a nice rating in the App Store. It would mean a lot to me ❤️

Hi Guido, that's wonderful news!

I love the Scenic  and recently bought a Honda NT1100 just to be able to use your app with CarPlay -:)

My birthday is June 26 in case you would like a delivery date for the present......

Cheers / Paul

😀 My birthday is July 8. We might just have a present in time for both our birthdays! I'll do my best

As of now Scenic version 3.09 is available in the App Store, and it supports CARPLAY!

It will be pushed to existing users over the next 7 days. If you want it now, manually update through the Scenic App Store page: https://apps.apple.com/app/id1089668246

Al1 has reacted to this post.
Al1

Thanks Guido,

Tried it already this morning!  Planned a short route by the Ocean to work with morning coffee in the hand.

Then tested the navigation on my way to to work.

Unfortunately too short ride and unfortunately also in my car - but the navigation and the voice instructions with Apple CarPlay worked like a charm.

Next will be to plug it into the NT1100 and try the real deal.

So far very promising!

Thanks again for the link

Cheers / Paul

Great. Thanks Paul. Although this version was beta tested extensively I still expect some teething problems, so any feedback is welcome.

Wow, great news!

Thanks Guido!

Guido has reacted to this post.
Guido

Great news, thank you Guido, that's our summer present 😉

My Miata will test it right away !!

Best - Alain

Guido

Thank you for your hard work, @guidomm! Great to see CarPlay support available.

Guido
PreviousPage 2 of 2